Thursday, May 24, 2007

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Its that time of the year again.

The time when exams, assignments, promises, commitments all comes to a head. Sometimes i wonder if deep within our psyche we all planned it this way. Subconsciously we must know that things are due right about this time, right? Why the hell do people put their deadlines to this date? Do we take perverse pleasure in squeezing all the work into one singularity of academic time?

My core subject presentations were due last week, on a Friday. Before that, there was a midsemester exam on tuesday. Right after that, there is another student presentation on tuesday. The core subject presentation has, tagging along with it, a 1,500 word summary assignment due this friday (ie, tomorrow). Due on the same friday is also a microbiology wikipedia style entry on a specific topic that we had to assemble. Come next wednesday, lab prac books are due. Tables need to be filled, graph needs to be drawn, and data assembled. A week of study break later and its the mother of all deadlines, the examination period.

Predictably, my body broke down and i started coughing and hacking. Its been that way for 3 weeks now. My body took the cue from all the stress and i came down with the annual flu. At least i know i wont get sick again this year. There is a huge huge irony out in the universe that my core subject's presentation was about the Influenza virus, and i was struck down by influenza right in the middle of it. If there is a god, i don't think s/he/it is a force for good. I don't even think it is a force of external evil.

No, if there is one force out there that is everlasting and eternal, its gonna be Irony. And its progeny called Sarcasm.

You won't hear from me much these few days. I predict to drop quite dead on sunday. Expect some pretty wild behavior from me on that day. I deserve it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course there is a God. You keep on saying He's not good, He keeps on punishing you. Repent my dear. There's a reason God infects you with flu.

- You-know-who

ShouFarn said...

Heh. I know who. I'm glad you aren't being serious, or i'll be forced to type out a 4 paragraph essay on why i think that notion is ridiculous.

That would be so terribly taxing on my poor abused fingers.

Anyway, see you on MSN or something.

gneake said...

I'm still down with the flu too. I've been having symptoms for weeks now and it never goes away, not helped by the fact that I see sick patients with chest infections all day, everyday. Meh.

Someone, please pray for my health?

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat videos[/URL], You are far from alone if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or not-so-known avenues to produce an income online.

Anonymous said...

this is very good for you, ybg :)

ShouFarn said...

I don't know who.

Because i sure don't know anyone with a sense of timing that is.. 5 years off?

ShouFarn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.