Sunday, February 18, 2007

Shock

I've always been lazy, and the same attitude extends towards my blog. When i post, i seldom reread my writings, and ever since Firefox 2 incorporated a spell checker into their browser, i haven't even been manually spell checking my own typings.

I may be lazy, but i still take pride in what i write. So it came as a big shock to me when i reread my own blog posts. Especially the recent ones, including the one below.
"Terrible" just about sums up my own feelings towards my own sentences.

I know i have been struggling for ways to express myself these past weeks, and i realize i am doing quite a poor job of it. For some reason the juices just aren't flowing. But i never knew how bad. Sometimes i would just stop in the middle of a rant, trying to think of ways to continue.

So i think i will take some time off to try to rediscover myself, and what makes my muse tick. I'd rather write moderately adequate stuff rather than badly expressed bunch of words.

So i bid thee adieu, and wish you success in all your endeavors.

Oh, and Happy AngPow Day. May you get lots of money in crimson packets.

6 comments:

changyang1230 said...

How come you will need to manually recheck your spelling if Firefox spell checker is working?

ShouFarn said...

well, i get contextual errors. Like how a similarly sounding word would have two different meanings, but won't be caught by the filter. "I seem drunk" and "I seam drunk". Stuff like that.

Steph LT said...

Eh dun be so perfectionist ok! I on purpose reply your blogpost in manglish to show you apa aso boleh! Suey sia! No posts from shoufarn = no fun! Jangan cakap so much, your english already super keng standard ok!

Cis this youngyew summore go in to technical details!!

Jingo said...

Happy Chinese New Year!

As usual, I got nothing...

ShouFarn said...

@jiko: well, i usually write better than what i have been doing these few posts. I felt forced when i wrote those things, is all. Doesn't feel natural. And that feeling hurts like a mofo. Writers block is not fun.

@Jingo: Why didn't you get anything? I didn't get anything too. I wasn't in a position to get anything, geography wise.

gneake said...

why are you going to stop? WHYYYYYYY.................