Thursday, February 08, 2007

Making Dinosaurs

I found this video clip that just completely blew me away.



The people shown in this video are actually making the critters for "Walking with Dinosaurs", used in a stageshow. I'm no dinosaur enthusiast, but i still felt a thrill up my spine when i saw the scene when a couple of technicians were positioning that armor plated armadillo dinosaur. I've always loved one of those as kid.

Seeing those people beside a life sized model threw me back into a surreal moment where everything suddenly becomes completely abstract yet a couple more times more real than reality itself. For a moment there my mind was in the dual state of knowing thats a model dinosaur handled by technicians and somehow thinking thats a freaking dinosaur, man! look at the size of that thing! whoooh!. Cognitive dissonance? hrh.

4 comments:

Jingo said...

I thought walking with dinosaurs was a BBC production?

ShouFarn said...

I'm not really sure. I've been reading the comments from a couple of sites, and people have said that its made in a workshop in melbourne, and used in a live show in sydney. Some sort of stage performance.

gneake said...

no, there's one that is currently touring around australia at the moment. (i saw the previews in brisbane) and it is, in fact, a live show. wanna go? I DO!

ShouFarn said...

YES.

This is one of the cases where knowing the mystery behind the magic makes it all the more magical.